Onward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onward

Been awhile since I have posted, but I wanted to bring everyone up to date. Since our Bighorn stayed in Florida on our new site at Live Oak it really didn't make much sense to keep the truck/hitch.
    When we got home around the beginning of May I put the truck and hitch up for sale on Craig's list, Car Guru, and a couple of other spots, every inquiry came from Craig's List. They young buyer came from 3/12 hrs away "New Jersey" . He was tickled with the condition and said he was not able to find a clean cared for truck near home. He transferred the money electronically at my insistence from his bank account to mine and was on his way home with my truck using borrowed dealer plates. That was not a good day for me, but buying a 1 year old Honda Pilot to make our RI to Fl trips from now on sort of helped.
    Tonight I sold the Trailer Saver hitch to a Rhode Island RVer who pulled up in a brand new Chevy 1 ton Dually, beautiful truck, took a look at my hitch and bought it in the blink of the eye, I had that listed on the Heartland owners forum and Craig's list and that was how he located it and me.
    So now, I hopefully can move on and get used to not having a truck, I bought my first in 1993. Hopefully the SUV will handle what I need to carry, I've already hauled wood home from the Lumber Yard to fix a step on the deck.
    Can't begin to tell all of you how much I have enjoyed the friendship ( via the computer) and the help with my RV problems. I learned so much from everyone and always recommended our website to other RV friends over the years. I'm not going away and I will be lurking on the form.

Westwind
    Rhode Island
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
    2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
    Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
    2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
    2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
    Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
    sigpic

don't just lurk, stop in chat often .... looking forward to hearing about you coming winter
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Well you can still type! I'm sorry we never got together in person but came close a few times. We are still going down every Feb. but we don't go down as far as before. Still one day it may happen.
      2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
      06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
      16K DrawTite, LineX
      His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
      Elle and BJ

In the past:
      97 27RKFS SB
      04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

We're a forum of friends first... RV'ers second. You're still a friend... thus I expect you to stick around.

Done and done. Enough of this "lurking" talk...
        Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
        2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
        sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
        Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Yep....
          Clif and Millie
          Mabank, TX (sorta)
          2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC