El Paso Walmart Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Paso Walmart Shooting

This particular mass shooting strikes me as curious. Gunshots heard at about 10AM local time and local PD responded in 6 minutes. Shooting continued for 20 minutes after initial reports? Shooter killed 20 and wounded 26 meaning he reloaded numerous times. Cop first on scene supposedly ran to the store video monitoring area to "monitor/locate" shooter? Store photos of shooter showed AK and high cap magazine and news reports indicated LEO armed "only"" with a 9mm.... Don't these guys get training? How long would it take for backup to appear at a Walmart? Many folks in Texas carry and can't figure out why none responded. Whole thing makes no sense. Shooter was taken down without local PD firing a shot? Strange. Reports said over 3000 souls in the Walmart when this began... strange none responded; perhaps none were armed or ever received firearm training? Picture of shooter in this link below:

https://www.newstarget.com/2019-08-0...to-police.html
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Kinda like Vegas, lots of unanswered questions.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Jim, good questions. Interesting to see how the real details come out. With 3000 people in the store, some of them HAD to be carrying, but who knows how we would actually react when/if it happens around us?
      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
      Livin to go campin
      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Just my opinion. Most police are trained not to run into an active shooter situation. There is procedure for how they handle this. Usually they will go in as a team and secure the area piece by piece and evacuate the public while looking for shooter.

As far as people carrying, most classes teach you to try and get away from the situation and use your firearm as last resort. I know most people will say they would have ran toward the shots, been a Rambo, but I call BS on that. If I am in a store and hear gunfire, my first thought is get my family and myself out to safety. If we can't get out, I will find a place that offers some safety and protection and hopefully a tatical advantage to defend us.
        2012 F-350 King Ranch DRW
        2014 Landmark Savannah

Comment

You are correct in what I/we would first do at the sounds of shooting. We all like to think of ourselves as heroes, but truth is, most of us do not have the ability to handle the adrenaline that flows due to the excitement of the moment. And my shooting at targets at 15 ft is better than not shooting at all, but is just not enough to prepare me for an active shooter situation.
          '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
          '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
          '10 F450 4x4--new to me
          First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
          Livin to go campin
          In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

There are wolves, sheepdogs, armed sheep, and unarmed sheep. Sheep panic and run in circles. I'm a sheepdog, it's the way I'm wired. The best way to protect the herd is stop the wolf. Over 20 years on the streets of Dallas made me that way. I'm not going to confront an AK with a 9mm but I'm sneaky and won't miss.
            Clif and Millie
            Mabank, TX (sorta)
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
            2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
            2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
            X