Amazon Hub Locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Hub Locker

as usual, when something new comes along, I'm generally one of the last to find out about it .... for the last few years we've found is becoming more and more complicated to receive Amazon orders while traveling ..... most of the campgrounds we frequent while spending the winter in Texas will only accept packages from UPS or FedEx (will not accept any from the USPS) and charge $5 to $10 a package to do so ..... most of the rural Post Offices will not accept packages shipped to General Delivery that are shipped by UPS or FedEx .... a couple of days ago we learned about Amazon's Hub Locker network .... part of their motivation in creating the system is motivated by areas where packages are prone to be stolen .... to tryout this program we ordered a set of filters for our camper's RO water filtration system on Jan 9th and picked the Hub Locker where we wanted it shipped .... during the morning of the 11th we received an email saying our package was there and available for pickup .... we are very pleased with this transaction and can recommend it without reservation .... link for finding a Hub Locker near where you want something shipped
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

we are getting ready to head out to pick up another Amazon order at their local Hub Locker .... this system works so well for us that we've already located the one near the campground where we will be after leaving Lake Conroe
    Jim
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Sounds great and I have heard of the lockers but there are none withing driving distance of my home.
      2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
      06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
      16K DrawTite, LineX
      His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
      Elle and BJ

In the past:
      97 27RKFS SB
      04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

I have one that is at our office building. I will say... SUPER easy... and very convenient.
        Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
        2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
        sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
        Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

from what I've learned, Amazon has Lockers (something like a safety deposit box) where they will drop packages for folks to come by and pickup later .... since the upswing in packages being stolen off of porches, they have contracted with various businesses receive packages and hold them for a limited time .... the one we use in Willis, TX is in a G&C store, the one in Columbus, TX is in a drug store
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

The one we use is in Whole Foods and another nearby is at at storage place.
            Ron Norton
            Katy, TX
            2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP
            2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Comment

Working...
            X