• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    out in rural South Dakota we still see basic ammo on sale at convenience stores and co-op stores ....

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla

• Joezilla
    replied
    Originally posted by drfife View Post
    In Fort Davis, Texas they sell ammo at the grocery store. Pretty good variety of calibers.

Russell
    Dallas, Texas
    I remember seeing ammo in the Western Auto stores when growing up in Dayton, TX, but never the grocery store. Wow!

Joe

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by drfife View Post
    The closest Walmart to Fort Davis, Texas is 80 miles away.

Russell
    Dallas, Texas
    that type of thing was one of the factors in our decision to buy a big Yeti cooler .... while in South Dakota we are 70+ miles from a Sam's and while in Texas at Medina Lake we are a long drive from a WalMart type grocery .... a 140 mile round trip in our truck isn't cheap so usually keep the Yeti stocked so as to minimize such trips

Leave a comment:

• drfife
    Winslow Drag-Along

• drfife
    replied
    The closest Walmart to Fort Davis, Texas is 80 miles away.

Russell
    Dallas, Texas

Leave a comment:

• eldermike

• eldermike
    replied
    Every little country store used to sell ammo. A few of these turned into full blown sporting goods stores before the box store thing hit in a big way.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    when I was growing up in the mountains of NC, I worked in my grandfather's mountain grocery store ... while 80% of the store was stocked with groceries, the rest had everything from horse feed to white mule work gloves with ammunition and kerosene falling somewhere in between

Leave a comment:

• drfife
    Winslow Drag-Along

• drfife
    replied
    In Fort Davis, Texas they sell ammo at the grocery store. Pretty good variety of calibers.

Russell
    Dallas, Texas

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Doubt it..... As we get closer to 2016 and assuming Hillary is looking good in the ratings, the NRA and gun manufacturers will ramp up the 'scare' campaign again. They know that they can easily scare a sizable portion of the gun owners that the govt will be coming to take their guns AGAIN..... The prices will go up again and profits will soar again....
    while that is highly likely, the political points aren't appropriate in this thread area .... anyone wishing to start a thread centering on that discussion is welcome to do so in the proper area

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    reports indicate that the ammo manufactures are using multiple shifts to pump it out 24/7 .... sooner or later the folks hording it have to slow down
    Doubt it..... As we get closer to 2016 and assuming Hillary is looking good in the ratings, the NRA and gun manufacturers will ramp up the 'scare' campaign again. They know that they can easily scare a sizable portion of the gun owners that the govt will be coming to take their guns AGAIN..... The prices will go up again and profits will soar again....

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    reports indicate that the ammo manufactures are using multiple shifts to pump it out 24/7 .... sooner or later the folks hording it have to slow down

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla

• Joezilla
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    a few weeks ago when our son and his family were home for a visit he wanted to go to a newly opened firearms store in Fuquay .... we noted that their stock of factory loaded ammo was really good .... reloading components, not so good .... I was surprised to see that they had bricks of 22 Remington Thunderbolt 22's, the local WalMart didn't have any
    Yep, I have struggled to find .22LR on the shelves anywhere. I found 3 bricks of Winchester 555 in a Nogales, AZ Walmart during our time there. That find will keep me shooting for a long time. I wonder if it will ever return to the time when you could walk in anywhere and find the ammo you want/need on the shelves all the time. I doubt it.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    a few weeks ago when our son and his family were home for a visit he wanted to go to a newly opened firearms store in Fuquay .... we noted that their stock of factory loaded ammo was really good .... reloading components, not so good .... I was surprised to see that they had bricks of 22 Remington Thunderbolt 22's, the local WalMart didn't have any

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla

• Joezilla
    replied
    They always over stock the grand openings of such stores with ammo. Wait a week or so and the supplies will be down and it will be hit or miss from then on to find the ammo you are looking for in stock. Most places have the major ammo on the shelves most of the time, however .22LR and .380 are still hard to find.

Joe
    Joezilla
    Last edited by Joezilla; 04-22-2015, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    this morning we visited the Cabela's that opened in Garner (Raleigh) last week .... I haven't seen the variety and quantity of ammunition on store shelves for a very long time .... it appears that the ammo shortage is coming to an end .... there were a few empty spots on the shelves but that comes as no surprise with the huge crowds that have been there during the grand opening

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee

• staggerlee
    replied
    That man could be arrested for aiding and abetting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X