Talk about a hand full !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a hand full !!

In the I can't believe any company would find enough customers to make a profit on development of a handgun like this .... I mean seriously, in this video they show firing a 45-70 cartridge in a Derringer .. .. knowing the recoil of a full power 45-70 load, its insane .... for anyone who may not be familiar with a 45-70 cartridge, one is shown below next to a 44 Mag ....

44 Mag - 240 gr Nosler JHP -23.8 gr W296 - LP primer ...

45-70 - 300 gr Nosler Combined Technology Ballistic tip; - 51.5 gr IMR 4198 - LR primer

the concept of firing a round out of a derringer that is "considered adequate for any North American big game within its range limitations, including the great bears" .... further, that "is very good for big-game hunting in brush or heavy timber where the range is usually short. The .45-70, when loaded with the proper bullets at appropriate velocities, has been used to hunt the African "big-six" " (quotes taken from link above) .... is alien to me
    Attached Files
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

I have fired them in a TC contender but I would not shoot that thing in that video.
    2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
    2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
    B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

agree .... I've fired a 460 S&W Bone Collector .... wouldn't do so often but would do so again .... I have on interest in firing a 45-70 in a derringer
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

I have NO interest in shooting that one.

The bear can have me.
        Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
        Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
        04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
        07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
        16K Pullrite Super Slide
        2006 Excel 30RSO
        All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Working...
        X