Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAAX2
    replied
    They're numbers need to be reduced. I'm just doing my part.
    No offense, or presumption meant. Perhaps I over exagerated the point that it isn't hard to find deer lately. And in many places they do as much or more damage than coyotes do. Unfortunately, not enough of them manage to cross the roads when traffic is passing by, so we can't count on that to help control them.

Maybe if coyotes, and whatever other natural controls of the deer population are allowed to do so, and more civic minded folks like yourself, "do their part", to control the coyotes, everything will be back in balance, again someday.:notworthy:

Leave a comment:

• motorjock
    replied
    Marv,
    Don't ya think that's a little presumptive that hunters go out and "flock shoot" deer. I've never done anything of the like and don't know anyone that does. The deer I take are only mature deer that have already passed on their genes for another generation. Most hunters I know are the same as me in this respect.

As for the coyotes, In my particular region they're numbers have gotten way out of hand. To the point that they are moving into towns and cities where they snack on cute, cuddly fi-fi dogs and cats. They're numbers need to be reduced. I'm just doing my part.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MAAX2
    replied
    the coyotes really begin yipping and howling. I've noticed that there are a lot fewer fawns this year than years past. Don't know if that is because of coyotes or the drought or both.
    That might be a GOOD thing, don't you think?

If the coyotes, or something else helps control the deer population, hunters will actually need to scout and "hunt" for their deer, rather than just go out and flock shoot them.

Leave a comment:

• motorjock
    replied
    Late last season I watched 3 coyotes attempting to cut a new born calf away from it's mother. I ended their shananigans by shooting one of them. While the other two where looking around trying figure out what just happened, I got another. The third high tailed it before he got his. This season (since 11/01) I've shot 3 coyotes. There are still more than a few around. I have a railroad that runs past my lease and when an train passes with it's horn blowing the coyotes really begin yipping and howling. I've noticed that there are a lot fewer fawns this year than years past. Don't know if that is because of coyotes or the drought or both.

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    Be careful out there!

Wounded deer attacks hunter who shot him : Updates : The Rocky Mountain News

Leave a comment:

• BC Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    They were really howling here tonight.
    They will eat your dog.
    I did hear a gunshot,
    so maybe someone over there was trying to thin them out.
    Gunshots around here are normal for this time of year.
    Lee
    Man, I thought you were talking about Flint, Michigan for a minute there. Not coyotes though.

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    Coyotes

They were really howling here tonight.
    They will eat your dog.
    I did hear a gunshot,
    so maybe someone over there was trying to thin them out.
    Gunshots around here are normal for this time of year.
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• JerzeyJoe
    replied
    George... coyotes are so bad here in NJ they are opening a season on them... there has even been attacks on small children and dogs...

Joe

Leave a comment:

• George & Mary
    replied
    I hadn't seen any deer the few times in the woods. Mentioned that to a neighboring farmer and he said he'd been hearing coyotes in the area. When I checked my trail camera - no deer, just these. Didn't realize coyotes could/would run deer out of an area, but it sure looks like that's what happened.

Ks. firearms season opens on Wednesday.

George in K.C.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JerzeyJoe
    replied
    Thanks Mike... smoked sausage sounds real good... we had the hot Italian sausage with pasta last night... I put most up in the vacuum bags and some in zip bags which we will use sooner....

Joe

Leave a comment:

• motorjock
    replied
    JerzeyJoe,
    Congrats to your son on his buck. We do jalepeno & cheese smoked sausage that's out of this world. Also, a sage and red pepper breakfast (patty) sausage. I also make carne guisada (meat and gravy), chili and grilled steaks wrapped in bacon. Good eats.

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    Down Hill

Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
    Might want to check your GPS. Mine says 131.7 miles west of me.

Bryan
    Yes but you are downhill from him. :applause:
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• maverick41950
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    Go rake more leafs up Bryan.
    Time to turn them over. :whistle:
    Lee

Sorry, real sorry. :nope: :cool_0:

Bryan

Leave a comment:

• maverick41950
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    sure glad we are 300 miles west of your location .... the lightening bolts have to be on the way :jawdrop: ..:wink!:

Jim

Might want to check your GPS. Mine says 131.7 miles west of me.

Bryan

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    Leaf

Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
    Ok, Ok, maybe I told a lie. Just a small one though.

Bryan
    Go rake more leafs up Bryan.
    Time to turn them over. :whistle:
    Lee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X