Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunnytraveler5595
    replied
    Not illegal in SC. A lot of people plant food plots just for the deer. Deer feeders are legal and you can just put a pile of corn on the ground, if you don't mind feeding the raccoons. It is illegal to bait migratory birds, but I think that may be a federal thing. The laws are slightly different in some areas in SC, so you have to read the game laws carefully. I go some times just to watch the wildlife. I always take a rifle but do a lot of hunting with my binoculars. Last year I let 2 nice turkeys just walk past the blind. I watched them for about 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• drfife
    replied
    Originally posted by edj View Post
    Isn't it illegal to put food or a salt lick out at a stand to draw the game in?...
    Not in Texas.

Deer feeders are not illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Deputy278a
    replied
    In Pennsylvania:
    Taking Advantage of Food or Bait: It is unlawful to hunt in or
    around any area where artificial or natural bait, food, hay, grain,
    fruit, nuts, salt, chemicals or minerals, including their residues, are
    used, or have been used within the past 30 days, as an enticement
    to lure game or wildlife regardless of the type or quantity.

Leave a comment:

• JerzeyJoe
    replied
    Isn't it illegal to put food or a salt lick out at a stand to draw the game in? I don't know if it is or not and do not hunt, but it does not seem very sportsmanlike. I put lots of apples out behind our house and see lots of deer there every evening and morning. Not intentional, they just fall off the apple trees...
    this is from the NJ Regulations....

Baiting is allowed for deer hunting.
    Hunters may hunt for deer while in
    a tree, on the ground or in a structure
    and from any height and any
    distance from the bait pile. Hunters
    should check with the landowner or
    administrative agency before placing
    bait on their hunting area as baiting
    is not allowed on properties such as
    national wildlife refuges

Joe

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by motorjock View Post
    Anyone else been or intend to go???
    I run a hunting club but haven't hunted myself in about 3 years .... my plans are to buy our new grandson a life time sportsman's license for Christmas and I look forward to the day when I can take him hunting

Jim

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Isn't it illegal to put food or a salt lick out at a stand to draw the game in? I don't know if it is or not and do not hunt, but it does not seem very sportsmanlike. ..
    the legality depends on the game being hunted and the area in which the hunt is taking place .... other than to say as you note, that you don't hunt, I won't comment on the sportsmanlike comment

Jim

Leave a comment:

• edj
    replied
    Originally posted by JerzeyJoe View Post
    My son in law is baiting his stand and has a digital camera that checks to see what comes in...
    Isn't it illegal to put food or a salt lick out at a stand to draw the game in? I don't know if it is or not and do not hunt, but it does not seem very sportsmanlike. I put lots of apples out behind our house and see lots of deer there every evening and morning. Not intentional, they just fall off the apple trees...
    Last edited by edj; 10-24-2008, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JerzeyJoe
    replied
    Mike,

My son in law is baiting his stand and has a digital camera that checks to see what comes in... I get my venison from him and my grandson...for the chicken fried steaks do you just cut the steaks thin and pound like "cubed" steaks then flour and fry?... he has sweet and hot Italian sausage made but I have to say the jalapeno/cheese sausage sounds real good... besides chili it also makes great meat balls... I guess you knew that...

Joe

Leave a comment:

• motorjock
    started a topic Important Business

Important Business

Now that I've voted and put all this political nonsense behind me, it's time to get down to the important stuff.....DEER SEASON opens Nov. 1 down here. Anyone else been or intend to go???

I'm really looking forward to all that delicious venison for chicken fried steaks, chili, carne guisada and jalapeno/cheese sausage. :ready:
Working...
X