No announcement yet.

Mag-na-port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earlier today I took our recently Mag-na-ported 12 ga. Remington 11-87 to a sporting clays course and put it through its paces .... as already noted, being on blood thinning medication, reducing felt recoil has taken on a much higher priority for me .... most happy to report that 50 rounds later, no shoulder bruising ..

this coming Wednesday, on our way back home to NC from SD, I have a scheduled to meet 3 friends to spend the day shooting at Jay Henges State Park near St Louis .... weather permitting, I plan to fire a minimum of 100 rounds on their trap ranges (I really hope to fire 200) .... in addition, I hope to fire 50-100 cowboy action level rounds through our Mag-na-ported 45-70 .... last year rain prevented us from shooting while we were there, thankfully no rain in the forecast this year but they are calling for 90+ degrees
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Take lots of water..... Have fun, sounds like a great day.
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually GONE
      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler GONE

Comment

we sure hope to .... last year it rained all day that we had scheduled to go to the range ... the river came up and we were very lucky go get out of the campground .... not that we are concerned about that happening again this year but we have changed campgrounds ..
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

x2 on the water... you know what Missouri humidity is like...
          Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
          2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
          Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

per AccuWeather, tomorrow at Jay Henges a high of 92 degrees with a "Real Feel" of 101 degrees .... which they describe as going to be "Partly sunny and pleasant" .... PLEASANT ..
            Last edited by JEBar; 06-20-2017, 01:59 PM.
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

in the theory, a picture is worth a thousand words category, I had Maureen take the picture below .... it shows my right shoulder after firing 100 skeet level 12 ga shells .... as can be seen, no redness, no bruising .... given the fact that I've been on blood thinners for over 2 years which cause me to bruise easily and deeply .... as noted in other post in this thread, Mag-na-porting plays a key part in the mods we make to our long and short guns to reduce felt recoil
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                in the theory, a picture is worth a thousand words category, I had Maureen take the picture below .... it shows my right shoulder after firing 100 skeet level 12 ga shells .... as can be seen, no redness, no bruising .... given the fact that I've been on blood thinners for over 2 years which cause me to bruise easily and deeply .... as noted in other post in this thread, Mag-na-porting plays a key part in the mods we make to our long and short guns to reduce felt recoil
                that's great!!

Joe
                Joe and Debbie Gilbert
                On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
                Catch me if you can!!

Comment

it most certainly is .... the bottom line is, you can't eliminate recoil .... however, you can change felt recoil .... the series of mods we have found to do a good job of reducing felt recoil work as a package .... each mod contributes and the sum total of their efforts is truly impressive
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
                  X