X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Citizen's Handgun"

link to a well balanced, clearly reasoned article on selecting a handgun :

http://www.firearmstalk.com/The-Citi...-wheelgun.html
    Last edited by JEBar; 05-18-2017, 04:15 PM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

I carried a S&W Model 19 4" for most of my years on the street(19). Complete with a 12 round bandolier (standard issue was 6) and later speed loaders. Since we used wheel guns in competition I was very comfortable with it and reloading and accuracy was no problem. I still have it but the 9mm is just easier to carry concealed and since I have several to choose from I don't need an all purpose.

Very nice article.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually GONE
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler GONE

Comment

I own and shoot several different semi auto pistols. .380, 9mm, 357, 7.62 X 25, 44 special and mag, as well as .45 ACP to name a few. for daily concealed carry I usually opt for a Rossi Mod. 720 3 inch barrel .44 special, 285 JHP @ 1150 FPS.

On very hot, rainey and uncomfortable day's, common here in SW Floriduh, My fall back is a Keltec PF-9, poly / hard chrome, 9MM S/S barrel, pretty damn resistant to sweat and rain and a bit over half the weight of the S/S Rossi. For swamp/woods duty, a S&W 629, stainless,.44 Mag. 6 inch gets the nod every time. A 350 grain jacketed hollow point at over 1500 FPS will get 'er done, every time.

As always,It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian...

Shooter

Comment

Working...
      X