No announcement yet.

Caldwell Lead Sled DFT 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the first picture below shows our Remington 700 BDL chambered for 300 WBY Mag .... second picture shows our Remington 700 all weather chambered for 30-06 .... in those two pictures you can see a significant difference in the positioning of the sled on our shooting bench .... it is taking me a while to figure out how to place it so as to be able to sight through the scope .... the target shown below was fired by our 300 WBY, the target was 40 yards from the sled ... the bottom hole was made by the first round fired with the rifle in the sled .... a scope adjustment was made and the bullet left the hole in the X-ring .... in short, if you work the sled as you should, it delivers .... as with most precise equipment, I need to spend more time using it so as to speed up the process .... so far, so good .... we are pleased with it
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Looks like a winner!!

Joe
      Joe and Debbie Gilbert
      On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
      Catch me if you can!!

Comment

I think it will be .... its going to take some "learning" on my part ....I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time figuring out how to set it up so as to maximize its potential
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

the OEM lower strap shown in picture 1 was the only flimsy component of the Lead Sled ... it broke immediately .... a call to their customer service indicated they knew of the issue and had just received a shipment of stronger straps .... they sent the top one (free) and it arrived today .... I can't tell any difference in length, width or thickness but the replacement feels much more substantial .... so much so that in picture 2 it can be used to squeeze the front rest so that it grips the rifle .... I'm now trying to figure out the best method of mounting up to 4 sandbags .... right now in picture 3 you can see 2 bags in the holding plate and one on the bottom single bar .... I can go with a second one on that bar or I can place one on top of the double bar so that it would be between the bar and the bottom of the rifle .... the experiment continues
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Wonder why they recommend 4 bags and don't have a specific place for them????? Or give you a hint anyway.
            Clif and Millie
            Mabank, TX (sorta)
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually GONE
            2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler GONE

Comment

that I also wonder but can't answer .... I'm going to have to play with it for a while to see what works best
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
              X