Tipton Ultra Gun Vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipton Ultra Gun Vise

not long ago I took a friend's advice and went to our local Cabela's where I took a close look at a Tipton Ultra Gun Vise ....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .... frankly, I'm very happy to be able to say I did ....prior to doing so, my main concern was the impression that it was light weight and somewhat flimsy .... my first impression is that it is much sturdier than I anticipated .... in fact its design and metal reinforcement make it surprisingly sturdy .... I ordered one a few days ago and it arrived today..... it does have a central support that seems to be built for use with AR type rifles ..... I doubt I will use it very much ..... my main anticipated uses are for mounting scopes, some cleaning, and some light gunsmithing .... the first scope I plan to mount will be on our Henry 45-70, that should tell the tell as to how well it handles heavy long guns
    0 x

Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

It will handle anything you're going to use it for. A buddy's got one & I've used it once just for leveling a scope. Like you, I'm impressed with it. Unlike, you I won't have to buy one of my own.

Off topic: It's good to see you back. Hope your success continues.
    Clayton & Gayle
    2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
    2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
    Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I have this version of it http://www.cabelas.com/product/Tipto...ise/742475.uts And it's not worth the powder it would take to blow it up. Just too flimsy.
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually GONE
      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler GONE

Comment

Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
        I have this version of it http://www.cabelas.com/product/Tipto...ise/742475.uts And it's not worth the powder it would take to blow it up. Just too flimsy.
        I was considering that one .... I was concerned with some reports in user evaluations about it being flimsy so I kept looking .... the one I ended up ordering did cost $20 more but so far it seems to be worth it
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

I have 2 of the "old school" models ($49.00) I use them a bunch, one travels to the range with me. I usually clean long guns at the range. lots of "show and tell" and face time with my customers. No issues with slipping or getting loose. The new ones, that I have seen and used, are much more adjustable but do not seem to resist movement and slipping as well.
          I have seen shotguns dropped, out of the newer style rest, while polishing barrels. My old one, will hold just the barrel set . with greater stability, than the whole gun in the open condition. The newer ones work much better for the AR class, in the open position. I prefer to clean the AR upper and lower separately and not drip solvent into the open lower, the old style makes that easy and secure, but that's just me.

Shooter

Comment

our local firearms dealer has an old (probably homemade) wooden rest that he was using back in the early 70's when I first met him .... he uses the heck out of it .... using ours during cleaning a firearm will be a new experience .... it is easy to envision it making the process easier and quicker
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

earlier today I used our Ultra Gun Vice for the first time .... it took me a few minutes to figure out how to make fine adjustments needed to hold a long gun perfectly level .... I no longer have any concerns as to its strength and confirms how it provides a very stable platform
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
              X