Crimping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimping

does anyone have any positive or negative experience with crimping bullets that do not have a cantilever groove .. .. LEE makes a crimp die for both 30-06 and 308 .... we load both of these calibers and none of the bullets we use have a cantilever groove .... the info that comes with the dies says crimping these bullets improves accuracy and performance .... recommendations based on experience would be greatly appreciated
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

I have a few of the LEE factory crimp dies in my collection. I don't believe crimping improves anything other than bullet retention which can be important. I believe that retention is the reason LEE claims improvement simply because from an overall perspective without crimping many firearms will cause bullet movement in unfired rounds held in magazines. I use those dies on hard kicking rounds where I intend to have several rounds retained in a magazine. But with that said bench rest shooters never crimp and they hold all the records on accuracy.
    2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
    2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
    B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Working...
    X