Range Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range Time

Went to the range Sunday afternoon, only 101 deg. Didn't take us long to decide it was too hot to shoot pistols so we moved to the shade. 9 yr old grandson was there and we brought his favorite Ruger 22 Rifle. He started out shooting 3" round metal targets at 35 yds. Boring for him. His dad then put up a steel silhouette of a turkey and a duck at 100 yds. I gave him a little info on holdover and he started hitting the turkey, at one point 8 times in a row. Challenged him to hit the duck and he started hitting on it. Ok, how about the turkeys head, yep hit it too. Tried for the duck head but he had a hard time with it. Finally they had to leave to make church. I took a picture of the targets with the phone zoomed in as far as it would go. Still hard to see. Turkey easy, duck not so much just to right of turkey. Drop was abt 3-4" at 100 yds. IMG_2020 (Medium).jpeg

I think I have a shooter in the family. Might get expensive for grandpa.
    Last edited by avvidclif; 07-03-2018, 04:40 AM.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler

congrats .... you are giving him memories that he'll carry for a lifetime .... the type he will one day want to pass on down the line
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
    X