Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctors vs. Gunowners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doctors vs. Gunowners

    Doctors vs. Gunowners

    Doctors
    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000..
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

    Now think about this: Guns
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)

    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

    Statistics courtesy of FBI

    So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

    Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

    FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT

    ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR..

    Please alert your friends
    to this alarming threat..

    We must ban doctors
    before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

    Out of concern for the public at large,
    I withheld the statistics on lawyers. :shocking:

    Bryan
    06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

    2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

    08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV



    It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

  • #2
    Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
    ...Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
    ...The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
    Better to have a gun range near your house than a hospital, I figger.
    Tim, wife Beverly, & two boys who love RV'ing
    2005 Sunnybrook 30FKS Dual Cam HP
    2002 Suburban K2500 8.1L 4.10 Prodigy

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tluxon View Post
      Better to have a gun range near your house than a hospital, I figger.

      I have a gun range ON my property. You figgered right.

      Bryan
      06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

      2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

      08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV



      It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

      Comment


      • #4
        How many were on purpose?
        sigpic
        PAULA AND GARY

        2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
        2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by garyk View Post
          How many were on purpose?

          :Scratch-Head: Say what???:Scratch-Head:

          Bryan
          06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

          2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

          08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV



          It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
            :Scratch-Head: Say what???:Scratch-Head:

            Bryan
            You mentioned accidental shootings.....I was wondering if they keep track of those that were intentional:whistle:
            sigpic
            PAULA AND GARY

            2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
            2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by garyk View Post
              You mentioned accidental shootings.....I was wondering if they keep track of those that were intentional:whistle:

              I am sure those statistics are available somewhere but I don't know where to find it. That was an email that was sent to me and I just passed it along.

              Bryan
              06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

              2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

              08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV



              It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

              Comment


              • #8
                I remember a few years ago when we were still in coastal NC, a doctor was "accidently" shot by his wife while trying to scare her....I wonder where that would fall in the statistics:whistle:
                sigpic
                PAULA AND GARY

                2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
                2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by garyk View Post
                  I remember a few years ago when we were still in coastal NC, a doctor was "accidently" shot by his wife while trying to scare her....I wonder where that would fall in the statistics:whistle:

                  Yep, ladyfolks have been known to do that and then claim accidental shooting. I once had a "lady" bust my lower lip with a diamond encrusted ring.:shocking: When my eyes came back in focus, I had a 32 auto stuck between my eyes that I had to wrestle away from her.:whistle:
                  I sure am glad those kinds of days are overwith for me. I am a good boy now.:cool_0:

                  Bryan
                  06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

                  2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

                  08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV



                  It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
                    I have a gun range ON my property.

                    Bryan
                    what is the longest range shots yours is set up for ?

                    Jim
                    Jim
                    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '16 Camaro RS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                      what is the longest range shots yours is set up for ?

                      Jim
                      120 yards. My "neighbor" has 800 yards down on his river bottoms but he is bad about planting corn and such that interrupts using the full length.
                      Bryan
                      06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

                      2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

                      08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV



                      It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
                        120 yards. My "neighbor" has 800 yards down on his river bottoms but he is bad about planting corn and such that interrupts using the full length.
                        Bryan
                        understood on the corn .... farmers tend to think that way .... I'd really like to do some long range shooting .... haven't had an opportunity to do so in many years


                        Jim
                        Jim
                        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '16 Camaro RS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                          understood on the corn .... farmers tend to think that way .... I'd really like to do some long range shooting .... haven't had an opportunity to do so in many years


                          Jim

                          Since I shoot for sport instead of hunting, I like to see what kind of groupings I can get at longer ranges. I don't use a scope except for a spotting scope, so I have to take a little ride on the 4 wheeler to check it out. Some of the guys around here are very serious with scopes and can get soup can size grouping at 3-4 hundred yards. To me, that is good shooting.
                          Bryan
                          06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

                          2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

                          08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV



                          It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
                            Since I shoot for sport instead of hunting, I like to see what kind of groupings I can get at longer ranges. I don't use a scope except for a spotting scope, so I have to take a little ride on the 4 wheeler to check it out. Some of the guys around here are very serious with scopes and can get soup can size grouping at 3-4 hundred yards. To me, that is good shooting.
                            Bryan
                            I used to do both but haven't done either in several years ... I do use a scope on most rifles .... my eyes aren't good enough for iron sites at very long ranges, not to mention shooting while wearing trifocal glasses .... in years past I've taken rifles to South Dakota and gotten to do some 500+ yard shooting that we really enjoyed

                            Jim
                            Jim
                            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '16 Camaro RS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
                              Doctors vs. Gunowners

                              .......................So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

                              Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

                              Bryan
                              Also remember, "Another shocking fact: the medical treatment over half of Americans recieve is below the national average". :Scratch-Head:
                              Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

                              Judy and Joel,=Jfrow2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X