Caldwell® Ballistic Precision Sight in Target Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caldwell® Ballistic Precision Sight in Target Camera

Caldwell has come up with an interesting Target Camera ... prices on Amazon are all over the place .... best I've seen $249.99... it should be noted that there are versions .... one rated to 400 yards and one to a mile
    Last edited by JEBar; 06-28-2019, 06:46 PM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

UPDATE :

just received an email from Caldwell announcing a sale on their Ballistic Precision Sight in Target Camera for $174.30 .... that moves it into a price range I'm having to give purchasing one very serious consideration .... unless something changes and with me that does seem to happen more and more all the time, I believe I'll call them in the morning and place an order

Jim
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

after a fairly long conversation with an excellent customer service rep for Caldwell, we ordered one of their "Ballistic Precision Sight in Target Cameras" .... as folks who have looked at them know, they have two versions .... the "Sight in" version is good for up to 400 yards .... the more expensive "LR" version is good for up to a mile .... the Sight In version has a single stand that is placed near the target and sends a single to some sort of smart phone or tablet located where you are shooting from .... the LR version has a second stand that has to be placed beside where you are shooting from .... that second stand must be setup no matter how far you are shooting .... the number of over 400 yard practice/range shots I've taken is all but zero and not having to transport, setup, and take down a second piece of equipment is a plus for me .... hence, for our use the Sight In system better fits our needs .... we are having it shipped to one of our sons back in NC, hopefully he'll have it ready to go by the time we get back home
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

NOTE : sale link above is no longer active .... replaced with this link ===> https://www.caldwellshooting.com/tar...a/1099107.html
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

to use this camera system one is required to download an app onto to a smart phone or Ipad type device .... my flip phone doesn't qualify .... took a chance and tried Maureen's Kindle Fire .... amazingly, it worked .... we had no clue you could do such a thing .... now looking forward even more to getting home and working with the camera
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Keep us posted, that's on my radar but the LR version...
            Clif and Millie
            Mabank, TX (sorta)
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
            2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
            2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

10-4 .... for the way you shoot I can certainly see the LR version being a strong asset .... at home our longest shots are around 135 yards so 400 yard range so the Sight In version more than meets our needs
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Thinking ahead since it looks be only a little more. I have a friend out in the Panhandle of Texas whose sight-in target is at 90 yds, then a canyon, and the next target is almost 500 yds. You can go up to 2.5mi if you want. I want to play on it sometime....
                Clif and Millie
                Mabank, TX (sorta)
                2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
                2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

that does sound like fun ... when you do, please take plenty of pictures
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

per email from Caldwell, the Sight In Camera should arrive back home on Tuesday ...
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                    X