Wisconsin Feral Pigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Feral Pigs

it appears that the Feral Pig (aka : wild hog) population has exploded in Wisconsin .... I hunted wild hogs back in the late '60's / early '70's and found the meat to be inedible .... I can't help but wonder if that is still true .... if I lived in Wisconsin, I'd probably try to find a farmer/rancher who needed to get rid of some ... info below taken from this link

"The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has adopted the position that feral pigs are exotic, non-native wild animals that pose significant threats to both the environment and to agricultural operations. The Department promotes aggressive removal anywhere feral pigs are reported.

Feral pigs are considered unprotected wild animals with no closed season or harvest limit.

Feral pigs are prohibited invasive species under Wisconsin's Invasive Species Rule, ch. NR 40 and are classified a Harmful Wild Animal under the Captive Wildlife Rules, ch. NR 16.

Feral pigs may be removed any time throughout the year as long as you possess a valid small game license and the permission of the landowner where you hunt. Note: it is the hunters responsibility to determine if a pig is feral and not a domestic pig that has escaped from its owner and is running loose.

Landowners may shoot feral pigs on their own property without a hunting license, under DNR's animal nuisance control authority."
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

You don't even need a hunting permit for feral hogs in Texas. Heck, you can even shoot them from hot air balloons and helicopters.
    Russell
    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
    '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

The small ones are edible. The big ones are only fit for animal feed.
      Russell
      '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
      '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
      Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
      '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Originally posted by drfife View Post
        The small ones are edible. The big ones are only fit for animal feed.
        looks like not much has changed in that department
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
        X