New RCBS Single Stage Reloading Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RCBS Single Stage Reloading Press

has anyone seen the new RCBS is offering a new Summit™ Single Stage Reloading Press .... it appears to me that it cold be setup as a portable press .... I'm interested in coming up with a compact, EASY TO USE, press that I could take and use at a range when developing a new load
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

I don't see it as very more portable than the RockChucker. Probably weighs twice as much. Still requires a solid bench to be bolted to. Portable is the old Lyman 310 or the original Lee Loader, a hammer, and scales.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

good points to consider, so I looked it up

1. Rock Chucker --- 20 x 15 x 10 inches ; 20.2 pound

2. Summit --- 18 x 8 x 6 inches ; 20 pounds
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

in addition to range work, I'd like to be able to transport it during our travels for use along the way .... in addition to a powder drop, and a few other accessories in as small of a box as possible .... the idea that has been bouncing around in my head is the box could be board to mount them .... the box could then be clamped to a campground's picnic table .... such a setup could drastically reduce the amount of loaded ammo I need to transport and give me something I enjoy doing during slower days
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

in looking at alternatives, this RCBS looks promising .... I like the weight / size ....

RCBS Partner O-Frame Cast Aluminum Single Stage Press --- 12 x 10 x 3 inches ; 4.54 pounds
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

the picture below shows a Summit press mounted on a portable stand that used a 2" really like the concept .... for my use I'd want the riser to be much shorter.... I'd want to be able to use it while seated in a camping chair .... I'm no longer considering the Summit, its simply too heavy and too expensive .... I believe a Partner (link above) would work well on a highly customized version of the stand pictured ....
            Last edited by JEBar; 12-22-2019, 03:15 AM.
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
            X