Dove Hunting? Sport or too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove Hunting? Sport or too much?

There is a company right around the corner from us that has dove hunts on a couple luxury ranches here in Texas and one down south of the border. They also have fishing expeditions in the gulf. See the 2nd pic down in the Mexican place. Think this might be a bit over the top? Annoys me and I have nothing against sport hunting. Am I off base? They must have laid down a ton of lead!
    http://www.venaturaexcursions.com/el-volteadero/
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
    2002 Cougar 278 EFS

A friend is going to Wyoming (IIRC) in May for a prairie dog hunt. 3 days and 2 nights. They told him to bring >1k rounds. Probably shoot 300/day.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

guided hunting and fishing excursions are very popular with many folks .... I've seen videos on several that I'd really enjoy ....
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I've seen videos of dove hunting in that area. You have to put it into perspective.
        On the videos I watched, you couldn't see the end of the birds in the skies. Had to be millions of them.

Considering that you get basically a small breast from each bird... I can see the need to harvest a lot to stock up.
        Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
        2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
        sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
        Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Don't mind if the prey is eaten but if they line it up for photo shoots, do you think they end up eating them? Just doesn't look sporting and rich guys smoking cigars and staying at a spa to hunt doesn't sit well with me for some reason. Guess I am getting old and cranky but when I shoot something I eat it other than coyote, etc. (well I won't eat snakes either).
          wiredgeorge Mico TX
          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
          2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
            Don't mind if the prey is eaten but if they line it up for photo shoots, do you think they end up eating them? Just doesn't look sporting and rich guys smoking cigars and staying at a spa to hunt doesn't sit well with me for some reason. Guess I am getting old and cranky but when I shoot something I eat it other than coyote, etc. (well I won't eat snakes either).
            X-2, never been a "Sport Hunter", always considered myself a meat hunter, if they're going to eat them, or at least give them to someone else to eat , that's a little more acceptable.
            Bob Hill
            2007 2941DS Forester

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
              All I got out of your reply is jealousy. Can't afford to do it.
              Clif and Millie
              Mabank, TX (sorta)
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

I have enough doves on my property and my own bed if I want to burn some shot...
                wiredgeorge Mico TX
                2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Working...
                X