No announcement yet.

Bond Arms Factory Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bond Derringer update .... while on the tour I asked about dry firing one of their derringers .... they handed me one that has been taken to many shows and has been dry fired untold thousands of times .... the actions of cocking, firing and opening the barrels were still fairly stiff but unbelievably smooth .... in short, dry firing is OK .... one of my concerns about buying a derringer was the arthritic stiffness and pain in my right hand .... at first cocking wasn't easy, nor was pulling the trigger .... finding a way to hold the grip so that my trigger finger is in place and the web of my thumb and first finger isn't pushing on the hammer when it is cocked took a while .... curling my little finger under the grip was painful at first, specially its knuckle joint .... I'm happy to say that working the action over and over and over and over has been good for both the Roughneck's action and my hand as well .... I hope to be able to run some light 38's through it in a couple of days .... time will tell
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

FWIW I saw a Roughneck in 45ACP at a gun show last weekend for $295. I just couldn't see the need for it although it was tempting.
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually GONE
      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler GONE

Comment

a new Saga begins : when picked up our Roughneck off of the table this morning, I gave it a normal quick look over and in t he process, figured out all wasn't well .... cocked the hammer and is where it stayed .... could move it a bit back but absolutely no forward movement was possible .... checked everything I knew to check and then waited a hour and a have or the factory in Middlebury to open .... I told the lady who answered the call what the problem was and anticipated her transferring me to someone for assistance .... but no, she instantly began to trouble shoot the problem (pun intended ) .... I did as instructed, nothing worked to release the hammer .... after only a few minutes she told me I need to send it back for them to take a look at it and gave me a return material authorization number .... looks like I get to compare Henry's repair service with Bond's .... shortly after hanging up an instruction email came through, still waiting on a shipping label which she told me a company they contract with will generate and get to me .... she's boxed up and waiting on the label .... my gut feeling is, some interior part has either broken or has come out of place .... she promised I would be advised as to the nature of the repairs
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

well, an unexpected delay right up front .... in an emailed response to my call to Bond's customer service, I was told,

"A shipping label will be sent to you later on from "ShipStation". A shipping label will be E-MAILED to the email address that you provided Bond Arms from "ShipStation" within 24 hours of submitting your repair request. If you have not received the shipping label in your inbox, please check your “Spam” or “Junk Folder”.

just over 48 hrs has passed, no shipping label so this morning I emailed the lady I've been working with .... in an almost immediate response she sent the following :

"I'm sorry about the delay. We are experiencing some issues with the system and are working to get it fixed asap."

just my luck .... I can only hope they get it fixed quickly
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '16 Camaro RS

Comment

guess I've moved into the somewhat mystified category ..... no return label and no word from Bond since that shown above on the 15th .... a few minutes ago I emailed the lady I have been working with and she promptly sent the following and I have no reason not to believe her:

"Hi Jim,

I'm sorry to hear that, I have record that it went out not sure why you didn't receive it but here it is. "

our printer is still out in the camper and Maureen is out there printing it .... my immediate goal is to have it at our local FedEx pickup site ASAP .... I'm looking forward to seeing how long the repair and return process will take
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

now the wait begins .... it is in the hands of FedEx .... delivery back to Bond scheduled for sometime day after tomorrow (the 22nd)
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

we dropped it off at our local FedEx in a Walgreens yesterday (the 20th) about noon .... according to FedEx, it was delivered just after noon today .... that ain't bad at all :
                Apr 21 12:25 PM Granbury, TX, United States Delivered
                Apr 21 8:10 AM Fort Worth, TX, United States On FedEx vehicle for delivery
                Apr 21 7:59 AM Fort Worth, TX, United States At local FedEx facility
                Apr 21 6:14 AM Dallas, TX, United States At destination sort facility
                Apr 21 4:59 AM Memphis, TN, United States Departed FedEx location
                38 & 44 special snap caps arrived today .... since I haven't had any call or other attempt from Henry to contact us, my hope is they have found all of the required documentation in the box ..
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '16 Camaro RS

Comment

"Apr 21 12:25 PM Granbury, TX, United States Delivered"

our Roughneck has been back at the factory for just over 5 days, two of which were a Saturday and a Sunday .... no word from them yet, but then, none expected so soon .... just throwing this out of comment :

if no word comes, how long would you wait before contacting them by phone or email ..???
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '16 Camaro RS

Comment

I would still call and confirm the expectation.

IE - "I'm sure this is a standard process... but this isn't standard for me... so I'm sorry for any intrusion. When should I expect a tech to reach out to me to tell me what is wrong, what the planned fix is, and what the time line for completion is? I'd hate to be calling you checking in when we haven't even reached what your experience tells you is normal."

You know how its done. Turn on the southern charm...
                    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
                    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
                    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

well, call I did .... must say, I'm disappointed in the nature and tone of the response .... basically, nothing is known, no interest in finding out anything .... the sum total of the response was, we try to get them back within 6 weeks .... nothing more, nothing less ... realizing its still early in the process, at this point I'm not thrilled by Bond's service after the sale
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Ugh. That sucks...

Hopefully all ends well.

Comment

our Roughneck has now starting its second week back at the Bond factory in Granbury TX .... no word from them , none anticipated
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '16 Camaro RS

Comment

just got a call from the fellow at Bond who repaired our Roughneck .... he said a spring had broken and a piece lodged in a place that it wouldn't allow the hammer to go forward .... he went on to say that all other parts are fine and nothing else needs to be fixed .... he said it will be shipped today "via FedEx, FedEx Priority Overnight" .... if it gets here tomorrow, it will have gotten there, been repaired, and returned in exactly 2 weeks .... I intend to think about it a while after it gets here and come up with an overall comment
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

IF that is the end result / timeline / and it's fixed proper... I'd say the "service" is good. The "communication"? Train wreck.

Comment

Agree
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
                                X