Arcadia Florida Rodeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcadia Florida Rodeo

If you snowbird in this part of Florida and have ever considered attending the Arcadia rodeo, you should do it. We did, and we really enjoyed it despite the fact that we are city folk and know nothing about rodeos.

Two things you absolutely need to know. Reserved seats are bleachers with numbers on the boards. Boards are hard. Bring a stadium cushion.

Close in parking is minimal. Come really early if you do not want to walk. There are lots of vendors selling food, drink and other merchandise to occupy the time. Leave early if you want to avoid a huge traffic jam. Most all of the roads are only two lane.

We came just as the rodeo events themselves started, walked a little far, left a little early, and still had a great time. I was back at the RV park having a cold one right about the time the rodeo ended.

Final thoughts, I guess not many participate in bull riding anymore. It's a three day event and apparently bull riding was only done on day one. So if you want to see bull riding call ahead. There are also "Premium Plus" sections. We did not inquire as to whether or not those were bleacher style or not. I am guessing they are. The VIP sections seem to be limited to guests of the sponsors and probably are not available to the public.
    Last edited by GlacierBayFiver; 03-09-2014, 06:53 PM.

Rodeo

I've been to rodeos in Cody and Cheyenne, WY, don't know how they stack up to FL rodeos.

There was plenty of bull riding and there was a whole segment of young, and I mean young, cowboys and girls roping and riding.

I noticed there were also, a lot of crippled limping older cowboys that had hung up their saddles and were just spectating.
    Daniel Piippo
    Dan & Cricket - ON THE ROAD,
    08 F-350, SD ,PSD, 4X4 DRW ,C/C LB,Tow Boss 4.30,
    5 Speed Auto, Valley Tow 20K Slider, Marquis 5.5KW Propane Vapor
    "11" FLTRU Road Glide Ultra, 2003 FXDL Dyna Low Rider. 08 Sunnybrook Titan 391SURV
    Retired,
    Elio reserved,All In, 100 Shares purchased

Comment

[QUOTE=amerfinn;184758]I've been to rodeos in Cody and Cheyenne, WY, don't know how they stack up to FL rodeos.

The participants were mainly from Texas and other states. A number were "world ranked". Even ranked 16th. in the world says something. Given that they have to travel and pay their entry fees of over a $100 per event, this must be considered pretty worthwhile. But I would have to guess Wyoming rodeos are on a much larger scale.

Comment

We have attended a few over the years mostly in NC. Really enjoyed the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
        06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
        16K DrawTite, LineX
        His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
        Elle and BJ

In the past:
        97 27RKFS SB
        04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Been There

Went to it two years in a row, first time ever that I went to a rodeo on year one and really enjoyed it. I will go to anything once and went to that twice so you know I enjoyed it. Really enjoyed seeing the young kids doing what the grown ups do.
          But I guess I wore my wife out, she is done with rodeo's!
          Westwind
          Rhode Island
          2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
          2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
          Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
          2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
          2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
          Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X