Mobile Suites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do It!

Do it as soon as you can Jeff - not good to put things like that off, once you do it you can savor and enjoy the memory. Advise from a growing older man! LOL
    Westwind
    Rhode Island
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
    2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
    Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
    2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
    2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
    Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, Paul, tell us how the MS compares to the SB? They actually both came from the same company at one time...if I remember correctly.
      Colter Bay is a great place to stay to spend time in Yellowstone or Teton NP, and still not have too bad a trip into Jackson.
      Joe
      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
      Livin to go campin
      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Hey Joe,

The Mobile Suites I purchased was modified last year with the expensive MorRyde IS (independent suspension) system along with a MorRyde pin box, also pricey....

I believe the Mobile Suites with the MorRyde IS suspension actually tows better than the '05 Sunnybrook. I placed an empty plastic cup on the kitchen island when I left Douglas, WY and when I got home it was still in the same place where I placed it 5 hours earlier... That tells me it is very smooth back there.

There are many similarities b/t the Sunnybrook and the MS. The MS is much quieter inside for sure due to the 3 1/4 inch walls and double pane windows. I believe it is also much better insulated.

We LOVE the rear living area and the fireplace... The island kitchen is pretty neat and my wife is getting used to it.

We looked at a 38 ft Mobile Suites just before we bought the 36 RSSB3 and very glad we went smaller. The newer MS pin weight is approximately 12-1500 lbs heavier. The 38 ft may be great for some folks, but we aren't full time and the 36 RSSB3 is actually 37' 10 inches. This is plenty long enough for what we want to do. My custom motorcycle hitch adds another 3 ft to the rear anyway.

The fit and finish of the MS is outstanding. Very well made trailer. They are all cheap in my opinion, but it is definitely in the top 3 5th wheels out there. For the money, I like what I have...

A new one would be great, but mine has been stored inside in an RV garage from day 1...so, it looks brand new to me. I washed and waxed it and honestly there are maybe 2 or 3 small scratches on the whole thing. Not bad for rig that it 5 years old. Keeping it stored inside has obviously made the difference.

We love the full paint and the fact that there is not a whole lot of black or dark colors. I personally do not like the darker paint jobs.

The tires and wheels were also upgraded last year. They are Continental HTL2 eco plus 215 75 R17.5. The 17.5 in tires/wheels is a huge plus. I couldn't be happier with this arrangement. Nothing against Goodyear, but I believe the Continental's are a very good tire and much better for this weight of trailer.

I have two a/c's. The tanks have all electric heaters and this is a plus too. I don't plan to camp in the snow, but it did get to 28 degrees in Colter Bay when we were there.

Colter Bay is probably my favorite place to camp. I mean we stayed there for a month. I have the "best" camping site there, last row, last site...
        The Tetons are magnificent. We drove up to Yellowstone one day and made the loop around the west side of the Tetons and came back through Driggs and Teton Pass. Don't even think of pulling a trailer over Teton Pass....10% grades....wow...!

We boat, sail, fish, float the Snake river on SUP's, ride motorcycles, horseback riding, hike....My two boys fly in for a week and it's a very special time for our family. This year my oldest son brought his girlfriend.

No complaints. We will be going back to the factory next spring for a few things.

Glad I bought used as these are very expensive units. Even though mine is five years old, it looks brand new. We also have new floors that were put in last year and the rear sofa was reupholstered with a very nice leather.

Previous owner also put in a reverse osmosis filtered water system under the sink with a nice water spout above the sink.

The fridge is gas/electric and 13 cu ft. The Sunnybrook had an 8 cu ft fridge. NO complaints here.

Love the leveling system. All slide outs are hydraulic. Very fast and quiet too.

We added an additional awning (manual), an RV skirt, and modified the rear hitch to accommodate our two dirt bikes.

So far so good, thanks for asking. Probably more than you wanted, but there it is in a nut shell............
        Last edited by Low 'n Slow; 09-29-2015, 04:43 AM.
        sigpic

Paul and Sue
        Littleton, CO
        2015 GMC Dually Denali
        2010 36RSSB3 Mobile Suites
        Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch

Previous rigs:
        Coleman pop-up, 30 ft Prowler TT, Sunnybrook 30 ft pull trailer, SunnyBrook 30RKFS Fifth wheel

Comment

Paul, sounds like your wait payed off. Best of luck to you!
          2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
          06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
          16K DrawTite, LineX
          His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
          Elle and BJ

In the past:
          97 27RKFS SB
          04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Thanks Norty.
            sigpic

Paul and Sue
            Littleton, CO
            2015 GMC Dually Denali
            2010 36RSSB3 Mobile Suites
            Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch

Previous rigs:
            Coleman pop-up, 30 ft Prowler TT, Sunnybrook 30 ft pull trailer, SunnyBrook 30RKFS Fifth wheel

Comment

Congrats, you will love it.

Russell
              Dallas, Texas
              Russell
              '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
              '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
              Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
              '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Sounds like a great unit. Can you get us some pics of the floor? That is one update I have been considering for some time.
                Joe
                '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                Livin to go campin

Comment

Paul,
                  You still out there?
                  Joe
                  '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                  Livin to go campin

Comment

Not sure what was going on for me to miss those photos Paul.
                    Right now my old dog is dying.
                    Poor old girl.
                    I just love the lake with the mountains.
                    Always something going on here.
                    Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                    Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                    04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                    07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                    16K Pullrite Super Slide
                    2006 Excel 30RSO
                    All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Not to steal this thread, but our poor doggie did just die.
                      We just watched her go.
                      House full of tears right now.
                      Lee
                      Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                      Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                      04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                      07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                      16K Pullrite Super Slide
                      2006 Excel 30RSO
                      All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

I'm sorry Lee. They are family just like our kids.

John
                        LaPorte, Colorado
                        2003 F250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel, Auto - 2004 Sunnybrook Solanta 2816 - 2004 Brakesmart - 2006 Hensley Arrow

To be Old and Wise, You Must First be Young and Stupid!

Everyone has a right to be stupid, politicians just abuse the privilege!!

Comment

It is a sad time when we lose a long-time pet/companion. You will have the fun memories forever.
                          Joe
                          '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                          Livin to go campin

Comment

So very sorry to hear this.
                            2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
                            2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment