Ford Friends and Family Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Friends and Family Plan

My wife's minivan overheated today, and I am concerned she may have done significant engine damage. Is anyone familiar with the Ford Friends and Family Plan, and if a significant discount is provided?

Thanks,
    '02 F-250 CC SB 7.3 PSD 2WD
    '08 Brookside 298 FWBHS
    Superglide Hitch
    SuperSprings

Friends and Family Plan

Not Ford.
    But I can hook you up with "GM. Friends and Family Plan".
    Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
    Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
    04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
    07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
    16K Pullrite Super Slide
    2006 Excel 30RSO
    All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

If I remember right, Ford is right at or a little under dealer invoice.
      Ron Norton
      Katy, TX
      2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP
      2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Comment

It use to be 3 percent plus any rebates for a while they had it up to 5 per cent, subject to change with out notice
        Frank and Janet Henn
        Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
        2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
        out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

If you are a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association or the Disabled American Veterans you qualify for the Ford X plan. I saved several thousand over sticker that way when I purchased my F-250.

Comment

Found this while looking at any advantages of an X Plan.
            I really couldn't see any advantage except employee pricing.
            Lee

EGR Delete Kit | Ford 6.0 Liter EGR Delete

Here is another I found.
            More like an ad to join DAV.
            Which is a good thing.
            Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary - Membership - Benefits

Here is another new to me ad.
            Didn't see a Burb mentioned at all.
            2011 GMC Savana Cargo Diesel 3500 Price With Options
            Last edited by staggerlee; 04-24-2011, 06:44 AM.
            Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
            Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
            04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
            07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
            16K Pullrite Super Slide
            2006 Excel 30RSO
            All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

If you were in Canada I could provide you with a pin#. I don't think that I can get a pin# for the US.
              Ken

Comment

The Ford X plan is a couple % above employee price. Any employee or retiree can get a PIN (online). My neighbor (retired) got me one last fall. I understand that hard negotiating can get close to the $ in some cases, but the PIN makes it easy.
                Negotiate the trade, then get the X plan price. If you can see the invoice, the X price is shown at the bottom next to the A/Z (employee) price which is in the lower right corner.

Comment

Go to Edmunds.com and build/price what ever you are thinking about buying--the invoice price they show is around 1/2 percent lower than the X plan. X plans are easy to obtain--someone you know will have access to one. However, you should be able to get to the same point on most Ford vehicles--ask to see the invoice on any vehicle you are interested in. If they won't show it to you, move on to a dealer who will. X Plans allow you to not worry about the cost of the vehicle, but you still have to negotiate your trade-in. With an X-plan cost, you will know when the dealer is not giving you enough for a trade; working from list, you get a great trade value and lose on the price of the new car.
                  Joe

Example: MSRP on an MKX I am looking at is $50,730--invoice is $46,403. X will be about $46635.
                  Last edited by wingnut60; 04-25-2011, 03:05 AM.
                  '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                  '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                  '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                  First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                  Livin to go campin
                  In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

We just got a Ford Edge using the X plan. I got the X plan for being retired from Sprint. I also got another thousand for financing with Ford. I do plan on paying it off when I get the bill. I will have to call and get the payoff price when I get the bill. The finance rate was at 41/2 % which is a little high for now days. With the X plan I got to keep the car for six months, which is no problem as we had the last one for six years.

The wife wanted a Chevy Equinox but they want sticker or $500 off with a straight sale. I tried everywhere and could do no better. So Obama motors can keep their Chevy. The Ford was two thousand higher on the sticker and I got it for over two thousand less than the Chevy.

In a couple of years I will be getting rid of my Chevy truck and if it goes the same way I will be in another brand.

Comment

In Canada if you belong to Costco you get a $1000. I am not sure if the $1000 is a credit towards your Ford or a in store credit.
                      Ken

Comment

Originally posted by dianneandtom View Post
                        We just got a Ford Edge using the X plan. I got the X plan for being retired from Sprint. I also got another thousand for financing with Ford. I do plan on paying it off when I get the bill. I will have to call and get the payoff price when I get the bill. The finance rate was at 41/2 % which is a little high for now days. With the X plan I got to keep the car for six months, which is no problem as we had the last one for six years.

The wife wanted a Chevy Equinox but they want sticker or $500 off with a straight sale. I tried everywhere and could do no better. So Obama motors can keep their Chevy. The Ford was two thousand higher on the sticker and I got it for over two thousand less than the Chevy.

In a couple of years I will be getting rid of my Chevy truck and if it goes the same way I will be in another brand.
                        To bad you didn't ask here because their are a number of members who could of gotten you into the Friends and family, or supplier discount plans. Just so you could of compared applies to apples instead of lemons to apples. Ask next time.

David
                        David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
                        2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
                        Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
                        5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
                        Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
                        Externabond Roof Seams
                        Wet Bolt Kit
                        7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
                        GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
                        Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

Comment

I liked the Ford better. Drove both of them.
                          Tom

Comment

I like your taste in vehicles, Thanks
                            Ken

Comment

For any of you thinking of a new vehicle, I highly recommend leasing instead of buying. If you have a problem with this, just let me know and I will show you that leasing is the ONLY way to go, even if you can buy one with cash.

Pap
                              2008 F-250 Lariat 4X4 V-10
                              2007 Lincoln LT
                              1996 Ford Bronco
                              2007 Kubota 900 UTV
                              2002 Airstream 30' Classic with slide
                              Some other toys

Comment

Working...
                              X