X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 270win
    replied
    D

We've decided that Enterprise is the best way to go. That way we can get a compact for city touring or an SUV for off road adventures. Plus we don't have to deal with towing a car.

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    Do you tow something behind it?
    Jeep maybe.

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    Well did you purchase this one?
    Lee
    I did, and I've since sold it...fickle I guess! actually, with no slides it was just too tight. And we just use the Bus a lot more than I thought we would, even for short trips.

I just or back from Minneapolis Minnesota Thursday. And we're going to Denver in 2 weeks. That Bus is THE way to travel IMO!

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    But I did find an 03' 2726 Solanta

Well did you purchase this one?
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    That 26cks didn't work out.

But I did find an 03' 2726 Solanta like my first SunnyBrook. It appears to be pristine and reasonably priced...but I do have to make quite a trip to get it. But having the one I want will be well worth it.

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    Still looking, I found a 2002 26CKS that I'm supposed to go see on Wednesday. It's been shed kept by the original owner...sounds good, but we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    I found an 04' 2726 Solanta that I'm trying to work out a deal on. Of course it's on the other side of the country. But I'm willing to travel for the right one. These people are as meticulous as I am, according to their description.

Anyway, if I can secure it I'll give more details. It would be nice to have a fellow member go look at it for me. But worst case I'll just fly out to see it.

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    I guess I'm more of a purist...or I could just be a skeptic. I'm sure you could do the job, I'm just thinking I want the factory setup.

Leave a comment:

• Joker
    replied
    I guess you'd have to define "lots" of experience. As a teenager, I did handcrafted woodwork items for my gas money and to help buy a car. Growing up in a rural area on a farm, you had to learn to build or make what you want. As an adult, I've built fences, corrals, decks, and some home remodel. That still doesn't mean I've had lots of experience or that I'm even good at it. I'm not the best but even a bad amateur can build a dinette booth. They are really very shoddy. All it would take is some 2x4's, some plywood, and some stain or paint. The hardest part would be finding the foam and sewing the covers. At one point I had a source for 5-6" seat foam. Now I am not so sure. Aside from the foam and covers, there is no reason a dinette couldn't be built in a day or two.

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    Originally posted by Joker View Post
    It came with a dinette. The lady we bought it from took it out. I could (and planned to) build one. I even have the upholstery fabric. When I bought the fabric to reupholster the couch I bought enough extra to make covers for dinette cushions.

As it turned out, we liked the table option. Since it's just a fold up roll top camping table that we take down when we want more room (like for sleeping), it suits our needs better and gives the trailer a more open feeling.

If you want, I could build you a dinette in a couple of days.
    Seriously? If I had it built I'd want it to be as close to the factory original look as possible. Do you have lots of experience with woodworking?

Leave a comment:

• Joker
    replied
    It came with a dinette. The lady we bought it from took it out. I could (and planned to) build one. I even have the upholstery fabric. When I bought the fabric to reupholster the couch I bought enough extra to make covers for dinette cushions.

As it turned out, we liked the table option. Since it's just a fold up roll top camping table that we take down when we want more room (like for sleeping), it suits our needs better and gives the trailer a more open feeling.

If you want, I could build you a dinette in a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    That's a really nice looking one, if it had a dinette instead of a table/chairs setup I'd be all over it. It should sell quick.

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    That is a very nice looking trailer.
    I would think it would sell quickly.
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• Joker
    replied
    I've got one for ya. It's a little ways away, though. Nice is a matter of opinion, but in my opinion, it's nice, loaded with features, and it is SB. I'm even planning on letting the Winegard 2 receiver automatic satellite go with it.

Check it out here 2000 SunnyBrook 26FK camper

I've got more photos if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    Originally posted by norty View Post
    Ah yes, the camper's trite-mare!.. Good luck with your search.

Fortunately, I am over it also.
    A trite-mare indeed...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X