Wanted: quad bunk TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: quad bunk TT

We're in the market for a new-to-us TT. We need a quad bunk model, with a queen for the missus and me. That means a trailer in the 30-35 foot range, generally. Strongly prefer a slideout. Must be relatively late model and in good condition, and located in the upper midwest.

I don't have one for sale, but I'll tell you we love our Sunset Creek 298BH. One of the very few gripes is it's a "RV" Queen. I'm 6'2" and would have preferred a real queen. I believe there is a Brookside model similar.

Good luck with you search.
    2002 Excursion V10
    2006 SunnyBrook Sunset Creek 298BH
    Reese Dual-Cam
    sigpic

Comment

Have you been checking in on RV Trader On Line?

RV Trader - New and Used RVs for sale on RV Trader

NADA's online RV valuation guide will also give you some help in comparing values to asking prices...

RV Price Guide – Official NADA Recreational Vehicle pricing information – NADAGuides.com

If it were 2 years down the road, I'd offer up mine for sale :whistle:

Just not ready to move to a 5th wheel yet

Comment

due to your location, it might pay you to look for units with higher levels of insulation which could easily expanded the length of your camping season on both ends .... the suggestion to take a look at NADA value ratings is a good one .... some brands hold their values much better than others, in this area Jayco excels .... when buying a camper to accommodate a family, the importance of finding a camper with a maximum amount of storage can't be overstated .... with most recommendations one sees that it is wise for folks to change tires every 5 or so years, the brand/reliability of the tires on used campers is very important .... with every passing day, poor quality tires grow more and more likely to fail .... once again, due to your location, take a very close look at areas where salt spray used on the roads can cause problems

Jim
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

We've been looking for quite some time, and done a lot of research. We're checking RV Trader and RV USA periodically, but those listings seem dominated by dealers. Dealer prices on used units are not acceptable to us.

We'll be watching the local Craigslist ads closely, as well as following ebay listings. Something will turn up.

Comment

One thing I would NOT call a Sunset Creek is a good winter camper. I'm in SoCal where we have two seasons. Hot and it's about to be hot again!
            2002 Excursion V10
            2006 SunnyBrook Sunset Creek 298BH
            Reese Dual-Cam
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I bought one yesterday, so we're no longer in the market. Thanks, all.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Provocateur View Post
                Looking forward to some photos of the new rig

Comment

just curious ... what did you choose ?

Jim
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '16 Camaro RS

Comment

We found a "used" 2008 Salem LA 312QBSS. If it was used more than once or twice, you sure can't tell, and the price was right -- $18,500.

Comment

We found a "used" 2008 Salem LA 312QBSS. If it was used more than once or twice, you sure can't tell, and the price was right -- $18,500.
                      hope it serves you well and aids in making many happy memories for you and your family

Jim
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
                      X