Looking for Sunnybrook 26CKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Sunnybrook 26CKS

We are from Pa. but presently in Florida--we are looking for a Sunnybrook 26CKS to buy,will consider 1998 and newer. Ideally, we would trade our 1998 Sunline 2653 on it,or make an equitable trade from a privateowner..If you know of one for sale, please email me...Thanks, Janalee

Originally posted by xxjanaleexx View Post
    We are from Pa. but presently in Florida--we are looking for a Sunnybrook 26CKS to buy,will consider 1998 and newer. Ideally, we would trade our 1998 Sunline 2653 on it,or make an equitable trade from a privateowner..If you know of one for sale, please email me...Thanks, Janalee

Hey Janalee, welcome to the forum. I can't help you with a camper but there is something I would like to know. Tell me about your screenname. Those x's just stirred my curiosity. Being nosy I reacon.

Bryan
    06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV

It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

Comment

Come on Bryan! On her first post! Have you no shame? :whistle:

Janalee, we're deeply sorry if Bryan has offended you...on your first post! I'll take full responsibility. It's my week to watch him and I got distracted. I'll try to not let that happen again.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck in your search. Hope you find exactly what you're looking for!
      2002 Excursion V10
      2006 SunnyBrook Sunset Creek 298BH
      Reese Dual-Cam
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Janalee.
        I thought there was someone on a few days ago
        that had a 26 wanting a 27.
        Don't recall who it was.
        Lee
        Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
        Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
        04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
        07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
        16K Pullrite Super Slide
        2006 Excel 30RSO
        All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

you have made a very good choice for your new camper.
          We have had our 26CKS for 8 years now, and it has proved to be just the right size for family camping and for get aways just for the two of us along with our dogs.
          The earlier models have quite a few build possibilities.
          all aluminum siding including front and rear caps.
          aluminum siding with molded gel coat front and rear caps.
          All fiberglass siding and molded gel coat front and rear caps.
          Interior upgrade includes extra lights in the couch area and over the head of the bed. Extra light bar in the bathroom and lighted Sunnybrook hand bar at the outside of the front door.
          Also another nice option on these models are the alloy wheels instead of the white steel wheels.
          We custom ordered our trailer with just about every option other than the fiberglass siding due to weight considerations. We even have a few extra options that we were able to order that were not on the options list.

Be aware that the 26CKS is not a lite weight trailer...ours is near 8,000#s fully loaded, ready for a long trip.

Our year 2001 has been absolutely trouble free for the last 8 years.

Hope you find a good one.

And welcome to our forum.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DanT; 02-06-2009, 05:23 AM.
          2015 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab Z71 4x4, G80, IBC
          Equal-I-Zer hooked to our 2017 Arctic Fox:salute:
          2001 Sunnybrook 26CKS gone to new home😀

Comment

Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
            Hey Janalee, welcome to the forum. I can't help you with a camper but there is something I would like to know. Tell me about your screenname. Those x's just stirred my curiosity. Being nosy I reacon.

Bryan
            I changed email servers and didn't want to give up my name which IS Janalee..so my grandson suggested the XX's and now I DO get a lot of questions and my mail often goes into SPAM...hope this clears it up! Janalee

Comment

Originally posted by xxjanaleexx View Post
              I changed email servers and didn't want to give up my name which IS Janalee..so my grandson suggested the XX's and now I DO get a lot of questions and my mail often goes into SPAM...hope this clears it up! Janalee

I reacon my curiosity just got the best of me. Good to hear back from you and looking forward to your contribution on the forum.

Bryan
              06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV

It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

Comment

Originally posted by DanT View Post
                you have made a very good choice for your new camper.
                We have had our 26CKS for 8 years now, and it has proved to be just the right size for family camping and for get aways just for the two of us along with our dogs.
                The earlier models have quite a few build possibilities.
                all aluminum siding including front and rear caps.
                aluminum siding with molded gel coat front and rear caps.
                All fiberglass siding and molded gel coat front and rear caps.
                Interior upgrade includes extra lights in the couch area and over the head of the bed. Extra light bar in the bathroom and lighted Sunnybrook hand bar at the outside of the front door.
                Also another nice option on these models are the alloy wheels instead of the white steel wheels.
                We custom ordered our trailer with just about every option other than the fiberglass siding due to weight considerations. We even have a few extra options that we were able to order that were not on the options list.

Be aware that the 26CKS is not a lite weight trailer...ours is near 8,000#s fully loaded, ready for a long trip.

Our year 2001 has been absolutely trouble free for the last 8 years.

Hope you find a good one.

And welcome to our forum.
                Hi..I am aware it is not a lightweight,however,it is listed as 5700# dry weight. I see you are towing with a Suburban--I have a 1999 Chevy Express conversion van with 4.10 rear..it's a 3/4 ton rated for 6500#. Did you ever weigh yours fully loaded?How did it get to 8000#? We never travel with water in the tanks, just a couple of jugs to get us from spot to spot. I presently tow a '98 Sunline 27 ft. and don't know it's back there. How about the slide issue...any problems? We are OLDER rv'ers and have a healthy fear/respect of the "unknown"....Jan

Comment

Jan,
                  I have had no issues with the slide out at all. Actually the trailer was drug sideways in a campground by the slideout (by a newbie motorhome driver).
                  No damage to my trailer or slide, big damage to the brand new motorhome.
                  Anyway, my 2001 CKS shows something like 6,400# dry weight. IIRC.
                  we usually have the propane full, water full, and just about everything else loaded, no matter where we go. I haven't weighed it in a long time. The time we did weigh it we were going to Lake Shasta for a week with 6 of us. So the trailer was really loaded with a weeks worth of food, water tank, bottled water, extra ice chests etc. It was just a hair under 8,000#s.
                  If you arent loading it in that manner you will probably be in the lower 7s.
                  Also depends on the equipment on the trailer. We had ours built for us, and had just about every option added except for the Fiberglass side walls.
                  Even in the low 7s you will be exceeding the tow ratings for your van.
                  Your Van has the old 5.7 Vortec? If so the tow ratings on the older motor were quite low in comparison to the 5.3 with the same equipment.
                  I had our suburban built with every available towing option, including the 4:10 gears. In early 2000 the tow ratings were higher (8,800# as ours was built) for the 1/2 ton than in later years of that body style...:whistle:

Ours has been a great trailer and we would not hesitate in getting another one, if they still made this model, and still had the same workmanship they had back in the earlier years.

Comment

I too have a 26CKS and towed it initially with a Dodge 1/2 ton pickup and Hemi motor. I weighed mine and it came in right at 7000 lbs. but we travel light usually. The biggest problem with the 26CKS is that it's really a front heavy trailer. With two batteries and two full propane tanks the tongue weight is right at 1,000 lbs. The fresh water tank is in the very front of the trailer, so if you carry water you can add that weight to the tongue weight.

My old 1//2 ton Dodge pulled it fine but the suspension was certainly pushed to it's limits. I now tow with a 3/4 ton GMC and it's night and day difference. I really had to concentrate while towing with the 1/2 ton. Towing with the 3/4 ton is much easier and much more relaxed. The tail no longer wags the dog.

I think you can tow this trailer with your tow vehicle but you will be pushing it to or even a little beyond the limit and I don't think you'll be happy with the performance.
                    Mike and Angela
                    '98 Sea Ray Laguna 22' Center Console/Merc 200
                    '99 SB 26 CKS-- SOLD
                    '07 GMC Sierra SLE2 2500HD 4x4 Z71 CC
                    Kyle and Port Aransas, TX

Comment

depends on what year 26cks they find to buy. The last couple of years of production the water tank was moved from under the couch and was mounted between the frame rails under the TT, like it should have been from the start....even my old Wilderness 24P had the tank under the TT between the frame rails...much better usage of space....gives you all that space under the couch to store things.

Comment

Janalee,
                        Have you considered the 27FKS? While about 500# heavier, the larger slide will make a world of difference. Have had 2 friends with this one, and they loved them until going to fifth wheels.
                        Joe
                        '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                        '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                        First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                        Livin to go campin
                        In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

their current tow vehicle will be maxed out with a 26cks, so a 27fks will really have them over their tow vehicle's capabilities.

Comment

I agree, and think the TV is too little for the CKS, also. BUT, if they are going to push the envelope, then get a larger TV later, then they will already have the better TT. I can tell you the FKS doesn't present any more difficult pull than the CKS, just more weight to start/stop. In fact, I believe the FKS has less tongue weight than the CKS, in spite of the higher gross.
                            '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                            '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                            '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                            First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                            Livin to go campin
                            In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

I had a 2002 26 CKS that I sold to my sister when we upgraded to our 33fks. They rarely use it, so I will be happy to ask them about it for you. We live in LA (lower Alabama), so the location is about right.
                              Ours was all aluminum and had all the lighting upgrades mentioned in an earlier post both inside and out, along with the never lube axles. It is still a very nice trailer.
                              Wade
                              Wade and Susie
                              and two fine sons

2002 2500 Suburban 8.1L
                              2005 33fks
                              Hensley/Tru-Control

Comment

Working...
                              X