• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just look at what you are towing it with Steve,
    He only has a Trailblazer.
    It might pull it, but might take the fun out of the trip

Beg to disagree, honorable Lee,

With what P8md spec'd out, I think the Jayco should fit his requirements pretty well. Dry weight is listed at 4260# with a hitch weight of 475#. If only towing 20-30 miles and camping at full service areas, there should be no need to carry in water, saving more weight.

And while I agree my truck is a little on the overkill side, I usually load it up with all kinds of stuff because we boondock on our land quite a bit.

When the mighty Dodge is really loaded down its even more fun to pass those pesky 6.0's and Dmaxs. :whistle: (activate flame suit!)

Interesting. Looks like the 213 gained a few pounds over the last year. 2009: 4260# 2010: 4285#
    Last edited by Crazy Otto; 06-29-2010, 01:26 PM.
    2004.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins. Was
    2012 Ram 1500. Is

2008 FLHTPI (work)
    2009 FLHT (play)

Comment

the 213 is a nice little camper ....
      One of the nice improvements for 2010 is in the queen slide out back. The sleeping position has been changed to a side by side arrangment. My camper has a front to back deal which can be a pain when one person (me) consumes more adult beverages than the sleepng partner (wife) and has to get up once or twice a night.

Steve
      2012 Ram 1500. Is

2008 FLHTPI (work)
      2009 FLHT (play)

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to cause a ruckus! I understand the Trailblazer may not be the best TV but it is quite capable for the weight range I want. I understand I may have limitations and that’s why I’m researching now instead of making a quick (wrong) decision. Right now I have a 1994 18’ Cobra that probably weighs in the same weight range (~4500 lb). It is definitely not an ultra-light. I haven’t had a chance to weigh it yet but it tows just fine. Let’s not get hung up on the TV. I will test drive anything I want to buy. We have plenty of hills around here to test.

I’m looking for a quality made camper with the specs above. I would like to focus on something used (2000 and newer).
        Specifically, I would also like to hear any brands to look for OR avoid. Has the recession weeded out the low quality manufacturers or have they started cutting corners?

So far I’ve heard that Jayco is a good brand.
        Frank, I like the looks of the Crossroads Slingshot and I’ve heard that they make a quality product.

Keep up the suggestions. I’m looking, just not going to argue. :whistle:

Comment

Keep up the suggestions. I’m looking, just not going to argue

No arguing here. Just a little good natured pot stirring. :cool_0:

You are making decisions in the right manner: research first and buy based on specs not what color the interior is.

Best -

Steve

2012 Ram 1500. Is

2008 FLHTPI (work)
          2009 FLHT (play)

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Otto View Post

Beg to disagree, honorable Lee,
            When the mighty Dodge is really loaded down its even more fun to pass those pesky 6.0's and Dmaxs. :whistle: (activate flame suit!)
            Steve were you going downhill when this amazing feat took place?
            Lee
            Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
            Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
            04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
            07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
            16K Pullrite Super Slide
            2006 Excel 30RSO
            All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Otto View Post
              ...When the mighty Dodge is really loaded down its even more fun to pass those pesky 6.0's and Dmaxs. :whistle: (activate flame suit!)...
              Do you pass them at the fuel station as well? :wink!:
              Tim, wife Beverly, & two boys who love RV'ing
              2005 Sunnybrook 30FKS Dual Cam HP
              2002 Suburban K2500 8.1L 4.10 Prodigy

Comment

Steve were you going downhill when this amazing feat took place?
                Nah. They wuz all broken down on the side of the road.

Do you pass them at the fuel station as well?
                I gots one of dem magnets on my fuel line. I get over 50 MPG!

Steve
                2012 Ram 1500. Is

2008 FLHTPI (work)
                2009 FLHT (play)

Comment

Working...
                X